March 31, 2009

Tonight's first drink is, sadly, a failure. I'm still drinking it, though.

I thought tonight I might, in some foolish expectation that spring may actually arrive here in the midwest prior to June, have a springy-type drink. I settled on a Gin Fizz, a very simple highball, just gin and lemon juice and sugar and fizzy water.

Sadly I didn't plan ahead on this, and I neglected to get fizzy water at the grocery. So I thought I could make do with what I had on hand. Can you guess what it was?

Sprite.

Yeah, that was a foolish choice, as Sprite plus the sugar plus the real lemon in the cocktail makes for a rather synthetic flavor. Rather than let the perfectly good gin go to waste("It's not your fault, gin, it's me!"), I'm bravely quaffing this in the hopes that whatever I make next is a vast improvement over this sad excuse for a drink.

So let that be a lesson to you. Never fail to buy seltzer, or you too may end up with a Gin Fizz that fizzles. Ha ha! Get it?! It...never mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment