May 24, 2009

No, this is not a post about energy sources...

I will be the first to admit, I have absolutely no idea exactly what this drink's name means. I mean, I can guess at part of it, but the other half? Not a clue. Meet the Corn 'N Oil. Blackstrap rum, lime juice, and falernum. Tastes and smells almost like a molasses cookie, but better. And alcoholic. The blackstrap rum gives makes it look like crude oil, I suppose, but I've no idea where the "Corn" part of it comes in to play. Despite that, it's tasty. And simple (provided you've got your falernum on hand, of course).
Corn 'N Oil

3 oz Cruzan Blackstrap Rum (any blackstrap or dark rum will work, but for this application, I think Cruzan's tastes the best. Yes, I've tried several others)
1 oz falernum
juice of 1/2 lime

build over ice, stirring briskly to combine.


It really looks intimidating, but a sniff and a taste will set you at ease. This is easily one of my favorite drinks, just because of all the spiciness going on in it, between the dark molasses character of the rum and the spice cupboard appeal of the falernum. I love this one.
Corn 'N Oil

0 comments:

Post a Comment